Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Sneeze with Open Eyes

I want to be a writer. That's a simple sentence right, but within that sentence is a massive goal. I goal which probably is unachievable. The odds of a clinical procrastinator sitting down and writing a book are low, the odds of a consistent scatter brain stringing thoughts together that makes sense are low. So me writing a book, probably never going to happen. Me writing a book anyone could read and comprehend, probably never going to happen.
I enjoy odd things, I don't like things that are normal. On this the day I decided to begin writing my own blog I did the oddest of things. While driving I felt a dreaded sneeze coming on, it was not dreaded because I had to sneeze, it was dreaded because I was on the highway and of course my eyes would automatically shut while I sneezed. I tried with all my might to keep my eyes open and I achieved it. An open eyed sneeze. This was the oddest of things, why do your eyes close when you sneeze, what happens in the world that your eyes are so compelled to shut and miss that moment in time.
Being a self proclaimed worry wart, I convinced my self that my eyes began to hurt, a twitch came on. Whether we think about it or not the world has taught us that our eyes will shut upon a sneeze. Our eyes should also shut when we kiss, if they don't your a freak. Why is that?
So I ask you the perhaps two people that might glance on this rambling of a post, try to sneeze with your eyes open. May it be a random sneeze or may it be a forced sneeze (try some pepper), try to keep those peepers open and see what happens in the world during that moment. See if your eyes twitch when the sneeze is over.
Try the unthinkable, the impossible, Sneeze With Open Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment